[Nexus] Data from experiments involving electrochemistry

Koennecke Mark (PSI) mark.koennecke at psi.ch
Thu Jul 28 12:54:26 BST 2022

Dear Will,

My feeling is that the necessary fields should go into the NXsample group. You may need to suggest additional fields to the
NIAC in order to cover your use case. I would only opt for an extra potentiometer group if you need to store much more additional
information about the thing, more than in foreseen in NXenvironment.

Now, regarding the storage of values over time. There are two cases:

- If you do a scan of some form you just treat those values like a scan variable and write one per scan point.
- If this is more like a temperature which can vary wildly throughout a measurement (It should not but it sometimes does), then consider
  replacing the appropriate field through a NXlog structure.

Best Regards,

      Mark Koennecke