[Nexus] Release of Version 2.0.0 (including HDF5 support)

Ray Osborn ROsborn at anl.gov
Tue Sep 17 20:32:29 BST 2002

On 9/16/02 7:51 PM, "tieman at aps.anl.gov" <tieman at aps.anl.gov> wrote:

> Is it possible to link to only one version of HDF?  Or is it possible to
> _only_ link against one version HDF?  It sounds like the new API is linked to
> both HDF4 and HDF5 and there's a software switch to switch between them.

You can type either "make lib4" or "make lib5" to produce a library that is
only linked to HDF4 or HDF5 respectively.  Otherwise, "make lib45" links
both.  It's true that the executables get bigger in size if you link both,
but then disks are cheap now.

I did encounter a small glitch in the way I wrote makefile_f90.  I forgot to
put NXmodule.o in the dependencies for NXUmodule.o.  Actually, NXUmodule.o
only needs the module file (which is like a set of function prototypes, if
you don't know Fortran 90), and is produced after the first compilation.
However, if it tries to compile NXUmodule without doing NXmodule first, then
it crashes.  I will put a revised version on
<ftp://ftp.neutron.anl.gov/nexus/src/> shortly.

Dr Ray Osborn                Tel: +1 (630) 252-9011
Materials Science Division   Fax: +1 (630) 252-7777
Argonne National Laboratory  E-mail: ROsborn at anl.gov
Argonne, IL 60439-4845