[Nexus] Arrays in NeXus

Andrew Stevens Zimmerman asz2 at byu.net
Sat Aug 12 16:21:52 BST 2006

Hi,

I using C.  I have a 3D array called bigcount that I'm writing to a NeXus file in the following manner:

NXmakedata (file_id, "griddata", NX_INT16, 3, griddim);
	NXopendata (file_id, "griddata");
		NXputdata (file_id, bigcount);

The thing is that it is a dynamically allocated array of type short***.  My question is, does the array have to be contiguous in memory in order for the routine work properly?

I'm guessing the NXputdata may take a void* and use the parameters passed to NXmakedata to figure out what to do with it.  Could some one let me know if that's the case?

Thank you,

Andrew Zimmerman