[Nexus] Basic questions about application definitions

Pete Jemian jemian at anl.gov
Thu Feb 12 17:05:59 GMT 2015

On 2/12/2015 10:39 AM, Andrew GOETZ wrote:
> A second question we had is that the way the application definitions are
> defined today implies they duplicate data in the file instead of linking
> to it.

"Implies" -- You are correct.

NeXus needs better documentation that describes how links can be used to
reduce duplication (and size) in NeXus data files.  Only recently has
any real documentation on links been added to the manual.

Created new issue:
"Documentation of links to be improved"
https://github.com/nexusformat/definitions/issues/388

Pete

Pete R. Jemian, Ph.D.                <jemian at anl.gov>
Beam line Controls and Data Acquisition, Group Leader
Advanced Photon Source,   Argonne National Laboratory
Argonne, IL  60439                   630 - 252 - 3189