[NeXus-committee] is NeXus a "data exchange format"

Mark Könnecke mark.koennecke at psi.ch
Mon Sep 1 14:38:19 BST 2014

Joachim,

Am 01.09.2014 um 15:17 schrieb Joachim Wuttke <j.wuttke at fz-juelich.de>:

> Does the manuscript reflect current consensus:
> NeXus aims to be "a common data exchange format",
> i.e. not a primary raw data format, nor an archival format?

This is the consensus; I will will check if this reflected properly.

> Why then all the application definitions at raw count level?
> Why should I wish to _exchange_ event-mode logs prior to
> reducing them?

* Application definitions at raw data level facilitate collaboration on data reduction software. And especially
  with event mode data you may want to rerun the reduction with other binnings etc.
* Application definitions at the processed data level facilitate collaboration on data analysis software. And there are processed
  data application definitions.

Regards

    Mark