[NeXus-committee] Facility survey PS: Are you writing *valid* NeXus files? Can you provide examples? Did you achieve interoperability?

j.wuttke j.wuttke at fz-juelich.de
Sat Sep 20 20:37:14 BST 2014

Dear colleagues,

may I pose a few more questions to the representatives of
those facilities that are currently writing NeXus files:

At the last occasion when NeXus has been newly brought
to an instrument:
- Which NeXus version did you implement?
- How did you boil down NeXus to that instrument's specific needs?
   - Did you start from the NeXus docs?
   - Or from an example you tried to follow?
- Did you follow an application definition or contributed definition?
- Do you think your data files are valid as by the current version of NeXus?
- What local additions or modifications did you make?

Depending on your answers we might eventually need to qualify the
claims about NeXus uptake we are making in our manuscript.

Could you possibly provide sample data?
The collection at https://github.com/nexusformat/exampledata
is very incomplete and mostly outdated.

Could you contribute a success story that shows how NeXus helped
to achieve cross-facility interoperability?

Thank you very much in advance, Joachim