[NeXus-committee] how to deal with channel cuts

Eugen Wintersberger eugen.wintersberger at desy.de
Thu Mar 5 18:56:03 GMT 2015

Sorry I mixed things up here. The "usage" field is in "NXcrystal"
not in "NXmonochromator". However, the original problem remains.

Mark and Pete have already responded (privately). In my humble opinion
it is not NXmonochromator which should be modified but rather NXcrystal.
A "real" channel cut, as Pete names it, is, at least to my knowledge, a
single block while other arrangements use two crystals which are
arranged in a channel-cut like way.
So if we are talking about a "real" channel cut this would be something
which goes to NXcrystal (at least to my opinion).

regards
  Eugen