[NeXus-committee] Proposal for NXcrystal and NXmonochromator

Eugen Wintersberger eugen.wintersberger at desy.de
Sun Mar 8 15:56:20 GMT 2015

Hi folks
  as a result of the recent discussion I would like to propose the
following changes to NXcrystal:

remove the "usage" field from NXcrystal

It makes no sense there as the way the crystal is used in a particular
application is entirely unimportant for the particular crystal itself.

Furthermore I would like to suggest the following change to
NXmonochromator

add a "type" field to NXmonochromator

This field should basically hold the values of "usage" from the current
NXcrystal class. I would also suggest to have an additional possible
value "channel_cut" available for this field.

Best regards
Eugen