[Nexus] Status of NAPI

Andy Gotz andy.gotz at esrf.fr
Sun Jun 21 16:39:58 BST 2015

Hi Eugen + Nexus community.

I have a naive question : what is the status of the NAPI? I thought it
is being maintained only for legacy applications and that it is not
recommended for new applications. But this is not clear from the manual.
In some places the reader gets the impression the NAPI is the official
API for accessing files conforming to Nexus. In other places the
opposite is stated and the hdf5 API is considered as the right way to
access files.

What is the official policy on the NAPI?

Andy