[Nexus] Multiparametric acquisitions

V. Armando Solé sole at esrf.fr
Wed Oct 28 10:23:55 GMT 2015

Dear colleagues,

We have the interpretation attribute to interpret a multidimensional
dataset as scalar/scaler, spectrum, image,  vertex,   and so on.
However, I would like to know if there is anything foreseen for dealing
with time stamped data. We are going towards acquisition systems in
which each actor/detector is "throwing" data at its maximum speed
without being synchronized with other actors/detectors.

Naively, I would think about keeping together the time information with
the dataset (for instance dedicating one additional dimension to the
time stamp in such a way as having the interpretation attribute to be
allowed to take other values: "timed_scalar", "timed_spectrum",
"timed_image", ...)

I know some of you are working in different "list" modes and perhaps
there is something already foreseen.

Any hint?

Armando