[Nexus] More NAPI stuff

Eugen Wintersberger eugen.wintersberger at desy.de
Sun Aug 16 12:23:53 BST 2015

Hi folks,
  here comes a last update on the current status of NAPI and cmake.
Let me start with apologizing for my sometimes harsh critics on the
'missing' test framework for NAPI. Actually I found that there is some
testing when doing the build with autotools. However, it seems that
Freddy never added all this functionality to the cmake build and until
this weekend I never had a close look to the Makefile.am in the test
source directory. And yes, there is quite some testing.
So my critics was inappropriately hard (if not entirely wrong ;)), sorry
for that.

I've added ctest functionality to the build and the C++ and Fortran90
stuff seems to pass all the tests. Unfortunately, the C-NAPI test fails.
As the other tests are passing this seems to me like a technical problem
which I have to sort out.
Though I've starte with learing autotools (for some other projects) I
have not reached the chapter about testing (it is the next to read on my
schedule). So I have to do some more reading before I can continue with
the testing stuff.

@Tobias: as there is now ctest available and the tests run quite fine,
can you maybe review the current NAPI test code. The build seems to me
rather complex. It would be nice if we find a better solution for this.

As I have to read some autotools stuff and go in Holiday end of next
week, I will most probably not work on NAPI now for around two weeks.
Expect the next updates in about 2-2.5 weeks.

regards
  Eugen