[Nexus] Update on NAPI Cmake build

Tobias Richter Tobias.Richter at esss.se
Sat Aug 15 20:36:00 BST 2015

On 15 Aug 2015, at 13:45, Eugen Wintersberger <eugen.wintersberger at desy.de> wrote:

> Concerning tests. NAPI does not have a reasonable test set. However, I
> am definitely not willing to learn so much about NAPI (which I most
> probably will never use in my applications) to write reasonable test.
> I would thus suggest that those of you who wrote the API contribute the
> tests. This would make maintenance much easier to do.

I found the existing test suite useful. There is some knowledge about potential and former bugs in there, that I would not want to lose just because we switch the build system. Obviously there are any ways in which the tests could be improved for example by making them more modular or testing with files that have been written by third parties.
But even if someone was to write tests from scratch they would require some sort of framework to run them. If you add a cmake test framework that runs the existing stuff, I’ll add a few new tests. Deal?

Tobias